About Us

365 Days of Grief & Healing

Send Flowers


We won't share your email

Our History

         

 

 

The original funeral home on Main Street in Paragould.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Verlyn L. and Helen G. Heath purchased the Irby Funeral Home in Paragould in 1945, they began a business which has been serving Northeast Arkansas and Southeast Missouri for over 62 years. Heath Funeral Home, founded in 1945 at 221 West Main Street, later merged with the A. J. Emerson Funeral Home in 1952. Verlyn instilled in his family and employees that each family served is important and should be provided with "A Sincere Personal Service."

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Present funeral home facility located on West Garland Street in Paragould.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In 1993 Verlyn G. “Butch” and his wife Jan were told by friends that the Hardy area would benefit from a funeral home founded on the ideals and beliefs of his father Verlyn L. At that time Peace Lutheran Church was looking to sell their building and build a new facility. This proved to be a wonderful location with many great possibilities for a funeral home.

 

  

The Peace Lutheran building was renovated to suit the needs for a funeral home while only making the absolute necessary changes to the existing chapel. Heath Funeral Home, Oak Hill Chapel opened in August of 1993, and began serving the needs of the area. Heath Oak Hill Chapel has grown over the years and we now serve many families in Sharp County as well as western Lawrence and Randolph counties and eastern Fulton and Izard Counties. We will continue to grow and offer those we serve with the best level of service possible.

 

 

After making the decision to retire, the Heath's sold the funeral home to long-time manager Doug Wortham. In December of 2013 Heath, Oak Hill Chapel became Wortham Funeral Home, Oak Hill Chapel.